Wednesday, March 19, 2008

wetheral, england

My Auntie Ethel lives in Wetheral England where my Dad was born. The town is just near Carlisle on the border of Scotland and is also where my dad pretends he is not from, cause if its not scottish its crrrap.

It remains one of the most beautiful places I've been in my life, no matter how many times I go back.

This is the Greystone House, which was called Ubna House and is where my dad was actually born:



The River Eden runs right by Wetheral:



This is the old Kiloran Hotel where Dad and Annette played in front of as children. Sadly it has become an apartment complex, still lovely nonetheless:



There is this white garage which I humbly call so, as I have photographed it many times and is one of my favorite buildings on the way to the River Eden:




Auntie Ethel and Uncle John were known for always having the most beautiful garden ever, this picture does it no justice but imagine having daffodills this lovely in March in England:



My Auntie Ethel and I:



We chatted for ages, Ethel telling stories of when my Granny Betty (nene) was alive and they would take weekends in London. So many hilarious memories.

Here's Annette and Ethel perusing pictures (Annette hated this picture of herself and forbade me to post it online, so now she's a pirate, arghhh):



- Posted by Tracy

No comments: