Friday, March 7, 2008

Cromwell Races

While Katie was laid up with what I like to call a second head growing from her neck, and Annie was off working to put food on our wee table, I hooked up with some of Annies friends to visit the Cromwell Horse races.



We hada rad tent, and thank god for that, it was pissing cats and dogs. Here's crazy Eddie, Rachy and some funny looking stranger:


Rachy and I:


All of Annie's friends where there. Its a real shame she has to live vicariously through me. Must suck to have a job. (Hi Dad- I promise I will grow up soon)!


When I say crazy Eddie, I do mean crazy, here he is humping Annies roomate Ben:


I think we picked one winner all day, but I unfortunately boxed three horses and lost a grand $6. I stopped betting after that and was accosted by Rachy who loves to pour wine down peoples throats, literally:





Ben ran in the "run like a girl" race, where all the blokes had to have their knees tied together. Unfortunately he did not place, but it was a sight to see.




It was a very fun day, and special thanks to Johnnie Finn for sober driving us home!!

No comments: