Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Canyoning: The adventurer's guide to removal of the Uterus

Yesterday Calum, Katie and I went Canyoning in Glenorchy, about 15 minutes from Queenstown. Although we had explicitedly read the details of the trip in the booking office, we had no idea we were in for such an adventure packed day.

It was so amazing, and I must say gave you a real sense of accomplishment.

First we hiked to a zip line, harnessed in we then zipped across a canyon then abesailed into the canyon, plunged into a dozen different pools, cascaded down chutes, abseiled waterfalls and swam narrow passageways. It was only mildly difficult as the guides were very keen to help and super qualified.

It was all fun and games until the very end; we were swimming to exit one passageway when Calum turned back to me and said, "Oh watch the tree under the water there", which was just as I had banged the shit out of my leg on said tree. Then Katie (repaying me for dunking her in a pool earlier and not hearing Calum's warning of a huge branched tree) pushed me just as I was climbing over the tree which I'm pretty sure gave me a hysterectomy.











No comments: